The Old Orchard Beach Chamber of Commerce is a vibrant community of 200 businesses representing a diverse variety of industries. The OOB Chamber is committed to stimulating the local economy, as well as supporting and promoting our members. We provide dedicated resources to help maintain and grow our community and area businesses.
Learn More and Join Today
Jump to Section
The Old Orchard Beach Chamber of Commerce is an invaluable resource committed to member growth that promotes year-round engagement and creates sustainable relationships throughout the community. See our full Vision and Values here.
The OOB Chamber helps member businesses through connections not only between our members, but also within the town and surrounding communities. Through several annual events, we attract tourists and locals alike.
- The Old Orchard Beach Car Show—one of New England’s largest
- Beach Olympics—for kids of all abilities, benefitting Special Olympics Maine
- Celebration by the Sea—a community-focused event, celebrating the holiday season, conducted in partnership with the Town of Old Orchard Beach
- Chamber Awards Banquet—recognizes and celebrates the best in our community
- Business After Hours—networking events throughout the year making member connections and fostering community
The Chamber acts as a communications hub. We hear from visitors, members, the town and municipal services and, in turn, disseminate information appropriately. We refer business to our members, keep members informed of relevant town ordinances, state tourism matters and solutions to common member challenges. From staffing issues to dog ordinances to whether the fireworks are happening, trolley, bus and train schedules to where RVs can park overnight—information flows in and out in a constant stream.
Members can count on Chamber support in the day-to-day course of business, for instance:
- If you are a hotel, motel, or inn and you have vacancies, let the Chamber know and we can refer inquiries regarding accommodations.
- If you are a retail business or restaurant offering a special promotion or extended hours for a special event, the Chamber can share your posts to the wider world.
Networking and Problem Solving
The Chamber also helps in more formal ways. We offer business forums that cover common challenges—social media marketing, deposit policies for rentals and event planning. And, we conduct networking events where members can share common experiences and challenges, and problem solve.
Access to Increased Exposure
Members have access to a variety of paid Chamber marketing channels, programs and advertising opportunities to increase exposure.
Event Sponsorships—Events are designed and timed to attract both local and visiting customers in- and out-of-season. Sponsorships get businesses and brands recognized for their community support.
OOB Vacation Planner Paid Advertisements—Additional advertising in the planner calls attention to member businesses beyond regular member listings in print, And, because the planner is also posted online, members get double the exposure.
Community Contributions and Goodwill Activities—Many community events focus on non-profits like Special Olympics Maine, New England Parkinson’s Ride and the Salvation Army, positioning member brands among those who give back.
Visitor and Member Newsletters— Newsletters are distributed monthly in-season and semi-monthly off-season, They inform potential visitors and members, regularly communicating relevant, up-to-date town and state news, as well as educational and marketing-related information. Banner ads are available to members to promote their businesses year-round.